Since we’re both so tech savvy and like to do stuff digitally (and save paper!) we were looking into building an app for our wedding where we could place and update wedding information. Our guests could then just download and install the app on their phone and have all the info they need for our wedding on the go. Since building an app would take us a lot of time and we wanted to be multi platform (read, we wanted an app for Android and iOS phones) we decided to look around the web and see if someone had a similar idea. And we found an company that does exactly that.
Introducing AppyCouple. This company based in NY provides the thing we were looking for. They have an Android and iOS app, sadly no Windows Mobile app. Then again, most of the people we know have either an Android or iOS phone anyway, so no big loss there. Also if we update any info this will be synced with the app as long as you are connected to the internet via wifi or mobile data.
They even have a few cool things like taking pics and sharing them within the app with the other guests that have the app as well. Talk about private social media.
Now you’re probably thinking, cool how do I get the app and wedding info on my phone. You should have gotten an e-mail with the info … if not let us know. If you haven’t gotten the e-mail the please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the App Store if you have an iOS device, go to the Play Store if you have an Andoid device
2. Search for AppyCouple and install the app
3. Request access
5. You get our super secret access code and you can log in with your e-mail address and code
6. You read this step and probably did not notice Step 4 is missing
7. You checked if it was there
8. That’s it, all done. See you at the wedding and don’t forget to take some pics